Think back to a time when you where a child and coming home to the aroma of homemade chocolate chip cookies. It’s not hard to do. Homemade chocolate chip cookies (CCC) made from scratch are the absolute best.
Now you can fill you home with the same aroma reminiscent of your childhood. After burnin’, ruinin’ and choking down some of the worst (CCC) I’ve ever made, I’ve come up with 9 tips that will have people begging for your homemade (CCC).
- Place the cookies far apart because the dough spreads or expands during cooking.
- (CCC) may appear to be undercooked at first glance but will finish cooking once they are removed from the oven.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture until combined; then adding the chips and nuts will make it easier to blend. Also, adding toward the end reduces the chance of the chips from breaking.
- Keep stirring and folding the (CCC) mixture to evenly disperse the chocolate chips.
- Don’t remove the cookies from the cookie sheet until you’ve given them a chance to cool. Otherwise they break and make a big mess. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for five minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Variations on the base cookie recipe include replacing chocolate chips with white chocolate chips, cappuccino chips or peanut butter chips.
- You may not need to grease the cookie sheet because of all the shorting in the cookie dough.
- To make equally sized (CCC), use a 2 tablespoon ice cream scoop.
- If you can, chill the dough overnight. This allows the butter to solidify and let the dough rest so that it will expand. This makes for overall cookies. Also by making more than you need, you’ll have cookie dough ready for that emergency!